I’ve made these twice recently for different BBQs and they go down a treat with adults and children alike. They are so easy to make. It would be a great recipe to get the kids involved with and take dibs on who likes the bowl.
I don’t have any photos yet but you can rest assured that anything with chocolate, butter and mars bars is going to taste good.
This recipe makes two tins of 21 x 21 cm size, about 18 portions. It comes from the Avoca Cafe Cookbook 2. The Avoca cafes are my heaven, I love the stores, the food and all of it’s home-wares. Worth a visit, if you are a foodie. The best ones are Powerscourt Gardens and Rathcoole in Ireland.
6 x 65g Mars Bars
200g Rice Krispies or Coco Pops
250g milk chocolate
- Cut the Mars Bars and butter into small chunks. Add them into a heated saucepan (medium heat).
- Melt the butter and Mars Bars.
- Fill a saucepan 3/4 full of water. Place a large bowl over the saucepan and turn on the heat to medium. Add the chocolate and let it melt. Stir occasionally.
- Mix the melted butter and Mars Bar mixture with the Rice Krispies in a large bowl.
- Spread the mixture into the tin you plan to use, leveling it out.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour over the chocolate and spread it evenly.
- Leave to set in the fridge or at room temperature if it’s cool enough. When you are ready to eat, turn the mixture out on a board and cut into squares.