Thai Style Roasted Seabass
Serves 2/4 depending on how hungry you are
4 fillets of seabass
2 carrots peeled and peeled into ribbons with peeler
50g of white cabbage thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic- finely chopped
2 red chillies- roughly sliced
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of seasame/peanut oil
5 inches of peeled and finely chopped ginger
Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven at 190 degrees Celsius.
- Cut off two large sheets of tinfoil
- With the first sheet, sprinkle half the seasame oil and soy sauce over the tinfoil.
- Place half the chopped carrots and cabbage on the tinfoil.
- Sprinkle half the garlic and ginger on top.
- Place one of the seabass fillets on the bed of vegetables. Sprinkle half the chilli on top of the fillet and season with salt and pepper. Place the second fillet on top and wrap the fish and vegetables in the tinfoil, like a parcel.
- Do the same for the remaining fish and vegetables.
- Cook the parcels in the oven for approximately 20-30 minutes.
I am not a big fan of fish but I particularly enjoyed this recipe. I served it with this potato dish below but it has to be prepared before the fish as the cooking time is longer. I also had a nice green salad with it. Yummy!