This is not a traditional trifle by any means. This is a Jamie Oliver recipe. It’s yummy and it’s also quick and simple recipe to make. An all round winner.
100g sponge fingers
2 heaped tablespoons icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
100ml semi-skimmed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
1 punnet of raspberries, or other seasonal fruit
1x 100g bar of good-quality dark chocolate, for shaving over
1. Squeeze the juice from 3 oranges into an appropriately sized serving dish. Stir in the limoncello and taste to check the balance of sweetness and booze, adjusting if necessary.
2. Cover the base of the dish with a layer of sponge fingers.
3. Put the mascarpone and icing sugar ino a separate bowl with the milk.
4. Finely grate over the zest of the lemon, then squeeze in the juice from one half. Add the vanilla paste or extract to the bowl and whisk well.
5. Spread the mixture all over the sponge fingers, then scatter over the raspberries and finely scrape over a little dark chocolate. Put into the fridge.
6. After dinner take the dessert out of the fridge. Serve over a little icing sugar, then serve. If you’re feeling a bit indulgent you can melt the rest of the chocolate in the microwave and drizzle it over the top.