This is really quick and easy to make. I couldn’t resist messing with the recipe, but I think my additions work 🙂 I took the recipe from Easy Health magazine from Jan/Feb. I’ll definitely give this one a go again.
250g wholewheat spaghetti
1 large onion
1 clove of garlic, minced
120g smoked salmon, cut into fine strips
300g mixed wild rocket and flat-leaved parsley
A little olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
40g frozen peas
Handful toasted pine nuts
1. Cook the spaghetti until al dente. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a pan. Fry off the onion for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for another 2 minutes.
2. Add the peas and heat through.
3. On a separate pan (dry), add the pine nuts and toast them.
4. Drain the spaghetti, combine with the salmon, rocket & parsley, add a dash of olive oil and lemon juice to the onions, garlic and peas and return to the heat for a minute or two stirring
5. Sprinkle with sea salt and lots of black pepper and serve, garnish with parmesan and toasted pine nuts.