I got this recipe from my mum, who got it from one of her work colleagues who has tried it and says its delish. It looks really good, but I am going to leave this one up to you guys to try as I’m not a big fan of fish. Would love to hear from one of you if you try it.
50g (2oz) flour
50g (20z) butter
568ml (1 pint) fresh milk
225g (8 oz) smoked haddock, skinned and cubed
100g (4 oz) peeled prawns
10g (4 oz) peas
Grated rind of ½ lemon
100g (4 oz) ready to cook lasagne Verdi
1 egg, beaten
150g (5 oz) natural yoghurt
100g (4 oz) grated cheddar cheese
- Place flour, butter and milk in a pan, heat whisking until sauce thickens, boils and is smooth. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add fish, prawns, peas and lemon rind.
- Place half the mixture in a 25.5 x 20.5 cm ovenproof dish. Use a deep one to prevent bubbling over.
- Cover with half the lasagne and repeat the layers.
- Whisk together egg and yoghurt, stir in half the cheese and pour over the lasagne.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake at 200 degrees Celsius, (400 degrees Fahrenheit), gas mark 6 for 35 minutes until golden brown.