This is my go to hangover, I mean comfort food 😉 I love tomato based dishes; I think I was Spanish in a previous existence. You could have this as a vegetarian dish or I add chorizo if I have it in stock.
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 yellow pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 or 2 Jalapeno pepper, chopped finely
3 sprigs of coriander, chopped roughly
1 tin of tomatoes
1/2 avocado, diced
75g grated cheese (something that melts well, like mozzarella)
Salt and pepper to season
1. Heat a frying pan that you can put in the oven or under a grill. Add a tablespoon of oil to the pan and heat.
2. Fry the onion for 4 minutes.
3. Add the peppers and fry until softened.
4. Ad the garlic and Jalapeno and fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add the tin of tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
6. Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has reduced.
6. Make 2 wells in the sauce and break the eggs into the wells.
7. Scatter over the avocado and grated cheese.
8. Place under the grill until the cheese has melted.
You’re done! Serve with tortillas or tortilla chips.