I woke up last weekend and had a craving for baked eggs. I didn’t have the ingredients in stock so I marched off to the supermarket and got them. By the time I had the eggs baked, I was well and truly starving so I made a bit of a brunch out of it and had the whole lot myself 😮
I made the recipe up as I went along.
I took on board the feedback from ‘binary option signals’ and have added a few photos of the process. I will aim to do that for any future posts 🙂
1 small capsicum, chopped
1 tin of tomatoes- I used one with garlic, chilli and herbs
1 onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, crushed
200g chorizo, sliced
Olive oil spray
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp smoked paprika
75g feta cheese
Salt and pepper
2 thick slices of sour-dough bread or ciabatta
Butter for the bread
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat a frying pan and spray with olive oil spray. Add the onion, capsicum and chorizo and sauté to golden brown. Add in the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Add the tin of tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and simmer down until the sauce has thickened.
4. Add the sauce to an oven proof dish or 2 ramekins.
5. Crack the eggs and add on top of the sauce.
6. Crumble on the feta cheese on top of the sauce and eggs.
7. Cook in the oven until the eggs are cooked to your taste. I overcooked one of the eggs in this dish, I like it slightly runny so that it’s oozes into the sauce.
4. While the eggs are cooking toast the bread on a griddle pan. Slather on the butter.
5. Serve the eggs with the bread on the side for dunking into the tomato sauce and running egg, Yummy.