I was a bit sceptical of this recipe as I’m not a big fan of the weight watchers curry sauces in the jars; however, I was pleasantly surprised. It’s pretty good for a low fat curry.
Points value- 5
1 spray low fat cooking spray
2 medium onions chopped
1 medium apple chopped
4 teaspoon of curry powder, mild
450g skinless chicken breast, uncooked, cut into chunks
1 stock cube (make ½ pint)
1 tablespoon tomato puree
125g dried rice, basmati
1 medium banana
8 tablespoons natural low fat yoghurt, plain
Salt and black pepper
4 sprigs of coriander to garnish
- Mist a large saucepan with spray cooking oil. Sauté onions and apple for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the curry powder.
- Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until sealed all over.
- Add chicken stock, sultanas and tomato puree. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for about 4 minutes.
- 12 minutes before end of cooking time, put rice on to cook in plenty of lightly salted boiling water.
- Just before serving, add sliced banana, chopped coriander and 4 tablespoons of yoghurt to curry. Season. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve curry with hot cooked rice, adding 1 tablespoon of yoghurt to each portion. Garnish with coriander.