This is another weight watchers recipe, it’s pretty good. Quick and simple, that’s always good.
2 tablespoons of mirin
4 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
350g lean beef fillet, cut into strips
175g soba nooles
low fat cooking spray
1 onion, halved and sliced thinly
125g mange tout
1 green pepper, de-seeded and sliced thinly
2.5cm fresh root ginger, chopped finely
freshly ground black pepper
2 spring onions, chopped finely
1 tablespoon pink pickled ginger
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Mix together the mirin, soy sauce and sesame oil in a shallow dish. Add the beef, spoon the marinade over and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain then refresh under cold running water. Place in a bowl, cover with cold water, then set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large wok or non stick frying pan until hot. Remove the beef from the marinade (reserving the marinade). Add the beef to the pan and spray with the cooking spray. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes until browned all over. Transfer the beef and any juices to a bowl and set aside.
4. Add the onion, mange tout, green pepper and ginger to the pan, spray with the cooking spray and stir fry for 3 minutes, adding 1 tablespoon of water if it starts to stick. Add the beansprouts, beef, juices and reserved marinade and stir fry for another minute.
5. Drain the noodles and add them to the pan, turning them until combined and warmed through. Divide between four large shallow bowls. Season with black pepper and garnish each serving with the spring onions, pickled ginger and sesame seeds.