This is great comfort food. I’m not really sure where I got this recipe from, I think it was one of my own creations. Worth a try!
1 tblsp of olive oil
6 chopped Denny’s tomato and rosemary sausages (or something similar)
1 tin of cannelloni beans
1 medium size onion chopped
1 clove of garlic chopped
1 small red pepper chopped
1 small yellow pepper chopped
1 tin of tomatoes
1 tblsp of tomato puree
½ tsp of dried Italian seasoning (oregano or basil will do)
Salt and pepper
- Sauté the onions and peppers in olive oil and remove from pan.
- Add chopped sausages to pan, no need for any additional oil. When brown add in the garlic and cook for about a minute. Add the tsp of herbs and heat. Re-add the peppers and onions.
- Drain the cannelloni beans and add to pan. Cook for about 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in the tin of tomatoes and tomato puree, stir and bring to the boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to your desired taste. Remember that the sausages are heavily seasoned so don’t go mad.
- Reduce to simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
This would be nice served with some toasted ciabatta.