I think ribs need to be slow cooked, otherwise they can be tough and chewy. These are delishussly succulent. I saw this recipe posted on Facebook and thought that I so needed to try it. I made it for Valentine’s Day along with the Chocolate Olive Oil Cake. The way to a man’s heart, well let’s face it anyone’s heart. This is a set and forget recipe, so so easy.
Serves 3-4 people
2 cups of BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s bourbon sauce)
1/4 cup of brown sugar
4 tablespoons of cider vinegar
3 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of Worchester sauce
1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of chilli powder
Salt and pepper to season
2 rack of ribs
- In a bowl mix all the sauce ingredients together.
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper.
- Place one rack of ribs in the slow cooker and pour over half the sauce. Get your hands in there and cover the ribs with the sauce.
- Place the second rack on top and do the same as point 3.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or 7-8 hours on slow/auto.
Serve with coleslaw and some corn on the cob.