I have been hankering after pasta a lot lately. I have been doing a lot of training at the gym, so I’m blaming that 🙂 This is a very straight forward recipe and one of my own creations. I did freeze this as it makes about 6 portions. I wasn’t very happy with it defrosted so my recommendation is to eat it up straight away. It’s so good, you’ll be going back for seconds anyway.
1 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 bunch of broccolini, roughly chopped
2 chicken breasts, diced
1 can (400ml) of light evaporated milk
50ml chicken stock
2 sprigs thyme
200g cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
olive oil spray
Salt and pepper to season
- Heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan assisted), 200 degrees celsius, 400 degrees fahrenheit or gas mark 6.
- Heat a frying pan and add the olive oil. Saute the onion for about 5 minutes until it’s starting to become translucent. Add the garlic, remove the thyme from the sprigs and sprinkle into the pan. Cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the diced chicken to the pan and fry until browned. While it’s browning add the broccolini. I think to add the stalky bits first, fry for a minute or so and then add the florets.
- Re-add the onion, garlic and thyme and stir.
- Stir in the stock and simmer it down for about 5 minutes.
- Add the evaporated milk, bring to the boil and reduce the heat to a simmer for until the milk has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray an oven proof dish such as a casserole dish with the oil spray.
- Transfer to chicken mixture to the casserole dish. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with some sugarsnap peas or green beans.