My friend Kathy passed this recipe onto me, I haven’t tried it yet as it’s a bit too hot for it here at the moment. It’s from http://www.sufficientlygraced.com/?p=520
It looks fab, I’m dying to give it a try.
- 1.5 pounds ground chuck
- 1 onion
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (10 oz) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can chili beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) great Northern beans, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese with peppers
- Garnish: sour cream, shredded MJ cheese with peppers
1. In a large dutch oven, cook ground chuck and onion over med-high heat until beef is browned and crumbly. Drain well.
2. Add other ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium high heat; reduce heat; simmer for 25 minutes. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese.