I got this recipe from Taste.com.au. It got the thumbs up from me and the in house taste tester. It’s dead easy to make, a great one for the weekend. The method I used is slightly different from the one mentioned on the original recipe, I’m not sure it really matters but I will give you my version of it. I also made an avocado salsa to go with it.
- 310g tin corn kernels, drained
- 150g zucchini/courgette, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and cracked black pepper
- chopped tomato
- chopped avocado
- coriander leaves
- Juice of half a lemon/lime juice
- 1 teaspoon old el paso fajita or taco seasoning
- Sift the flour, salt, pepper and cumin in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs. Start taking the flour in from the edges, once the mixture has all been worked in. Whisk to remove lumps.
- Stir in the corn and the courgette. The mixture should be a thick consistency.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Using a tablespoon, place heaped spoonfuls of the mixture in the pan and cook in batches. Using a spatula, turn them once, until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel, cover and keep warm as you cook remaining fritters.
- Mix all the salsa ingredients together and serve on top.