I munched away on this, this evening. I was surprised at how flavoursome it was. I was going to leave the zest of lemon out of it, but I’m glad I didn’t it worked really well with the hummus. This is great. It’s quite filling too. I had a wholemeal pitta with it also. Oh I almost forgot to mention that it’s from a Weight Watchers supplement in the RTE guide.
Propoints per serving- 9
Propoints per recipe- 19
Takes 40 minutes in total to prepare
Calorie-controlled cooking spray
1 red onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 small red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
1 corn on the cob, kernels removed
150ml dry white wine
1 tablespoon cornflour
100g fine green beans, halved
2 large sprigs of fresh thyme
200g canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
300ml vegetable stock
100g baby leaf spinach
2 tablespoons reduced fat hummus
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground pepper
A handful of fresh basil leaves, to garnish (optional)
1. Heat a large, lidded, heavy based saucepan and spray with the cooking spray.
2. Add the onion, then cover and cook for 6 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, red pepper and corn and cook for another minute before pouring in the wine.
3. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the wwine has reduced by half.
4. Mix the cornflour with a little water to make a plate. Add to the pan and cook, stirring, for a minute until thickened then add the green beans, thyme, cannellini beans and stock and return to the boil.
5. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 8 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add the spinach and cook, partially covered, until wilted.
6. Divide between two large, shallow bowls. Season to taste and top each portion with 1 tablespoon of hummus.
7. Sprinkle with black pepper and lemon zest before serving. If using, garnish with basil leaves.