Myself and my other half are on a vegetarian buzz for the month of April. We are trying to eat less meat because we are both animal lovers and we kind of baulk at the thoughts of killing animals. The minute we embarked on this venture, all my favourite cookery started cooking lovely lamb dishes for Easter. Like everything you only miss it when it’s gone.
I was on the hunt for vegetarian recipes, and I came across this recipe from the Weight Watchers magazine May issue. I really liked the yogurt and feta topping. I was only short of liking the plate after eating this. Hope you enjoy.
8 propoints per serving
33 propoints per recipe
15 minutes to prepare
40 minutes to cook
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 small red onion, diced
1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and diced
1/2- 1 mild red chilli, de-seeded and diced
1/2 tsp freshly ground cumin seeds
1 tbsp fajita spice
500ml passata with onions and garlic
Small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped roughly
410g can mixed beans in water, rinsed and drained
4 small flour tortillas
100g light feta
150g low fat natural yoghurt
75g grated reduced fat cheddar
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/ 200 degrees celsius/ fan 180 degrees celsius.
2. Heat a frying pan and mist with cooking spray. Add the diced onion, pepper, garlic and chilli and saute for 6-7 minutes or until softened.
3. Stir in the spices, follwowed by the passatta and about 150ml water. Simmer gently for a few minutes, then turn off the heat and stir in the coriander.
4. Place the beans in a bowl and add about a third of the tomato sauce. Take a rectangular baking dish that will hold 4 rolled-up tortillas.
5. Place 1 tortilla in the dish and arrange a quarter of the bean mixture down the middle. Roll up and push to one end. Repeat with the other 3 tortillas and then arrange evenly in the dish. Pour the rest of the tomato sauce over the top of the tortillas.
6. Mash the feta in a bowl, then mix in the yogurt. Spread this over the top of the tomato sauce and then scatter the grated cheddar over. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbling. Serve with salad.