I tripped across a recipe somewhere that had tagliatelle and prawns that I thought looked nice but couldn’t find it, so I came up with the following concoction. It’s really good, if I do say so myself 🙂 It took about 15 minutes in total to make. Can’t complain about that really.
1/2- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
1/4 courgette, coarsely grated
1 clove garlic, crushed
30g frozen peas
75g cooked prawns
3 shallots, chopped
3 tablespoon creme fraiche (I used the Weight Watchers one)
2 tablespoon liquid stock
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Boil the pasta as per the packet instructions. This should take about 10-12 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry off the onion, garlic and chilli for 3-4 minutes or until the onions have started to soften.
3. Add in the peas and the prawns and cook for another 4 minutes. Add the liquid stock and spoon in the creme fraiche and stir.
4. The pasta should be cooked by this stage so add it and stir everything through making sure everything is piping hot.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.