This recipe is dead easy to make. I got it from the Quick and Easy cookbook. I couldn’t resist making some adjustments to the recipe :-). I added couple of splashes of soy sauce and also the juice of half a lime. You don’t have to add them it was just my preference. So here goes:
1 bunch spring onions
2 celery sticks
1 red pepper
200g rice vermicelli noodles
2 tbsp groundnut oil
55g unsalted peanuts
1 fresh bird’s eye chilli, sliced
1 lemon grass stem, crushed
400ml fish or chicken stock
200ml coconut mil
2 tsp Thai fish sauce
350g cooked peeled king prawns
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
1. Trim the spring onions and celery and thinly slice diagonally. Deseed and thinly slice the pepper.
2. Place the noodles in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to stand for 4 minutes, or until tender, drain.
3. Heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the peanuts for 1-2 minutes, until golden. Lift out with a slotted spoon.
4. Add the sliced vegetable to the wok and stir-fry over a high heat for 1-2 minutes.
5 Add the chilli, lemon grass, stock, coconut milk and fish sauce and bring to the boil.
6. Stir in the prawns and bring back to the boil, stirring. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then add the noodles.
7. Serve in warmed bowls, sprinkled with fresh coriander.