I made this a week or so ago but didn’t get time to post. It’s dead easy and really yum. Anything with pasta in it is a winner for me. I got the recipe from the Quick and Easy cookbook and it does what it says on the tin.
200g dried penne
1 tbsp olive oil
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
4 tbsp dry white wine
115g frozen peas
5 tbsp double cream
4-5 chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
1. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for about 8-10 minutes, until tender but still firm to the bite.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and cook over a medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side.
3. Pour in the wine and cook over a high heat until it has almost evaporated.
4. Drain the pasta. Add the peas, cream and pasta to the frying and stir well. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.