I get these email updates from the goodfood channel. They had a couple of soup recipes so I said I would give this one a try. Some more to come. I added some potato to it as well just to bulk it up. It’s a good one I have to say. It’s nice to get away from the bog standard veg soup. Here it is.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 large potato, chopped
1 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tbsp garam masala
850 ml vegetable stock
2 large carrots, chopped
400g can chickpeas, drained
100g green beans, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, then add the onion, carrot and potato and fry for 5-6 minutes. Reduce the heat and cover with a lid to saute for a couple of minutes. Remove the veg from the saucepan and set aside.
2. Fry off the garam masala, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
3. Add the chickpeas, beans and re-add the veg.
4. Add the stock, bring to the boil and reduce the heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Use a stick blender to whizz a little to your required texture.
The recipe says to serve it with naan bread. I didn’t have any to hand. The tesco’s light choices one is really good.