Pavolva would probably be my favourite dessert but I haven’t really been too successful at making it right. So I made up in my mum’s house to see if it would work out differently and it did. I’m going to blame my gas oven 🙂 It turned out great and was surprisingly easy to do. I got this recipe from the Weight Watchers magazine. So it has to be good for you 🙂
5 Propoints per serving
Note: Make the meringue the night before and leave to cool in the oven overnight. It will keep for 2 days if left uncovered in a cool dry place.
4 egg whites
200g caster sugar
300g fresh mango chunks
175g fresh pineapple chunks
2 passion fruit
30g pomegranate seeds
170g pot of 0% fat Greek yoghurt
100g Weight Watchers reduced fat thick cream
1. Pre-heat the oven to Gas mark 2/150 degrees celisus/ 130 degrees if using fan assisted oven.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
3. In a large clean mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks. Whisk in the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, making sure that it is incorporated well before adding the next spoonful. The result should be a stiff glossy meringue.
4. Spread the meringue in roughly a 25cm circle on the sheet of baking parchment, lifting the edges slightly to make a low rim.
5. Place in the oven and turn down the heat to Gas mark 1, 140 degrees and 120 degrees celsius with a fan assisted oven. Cook for 1 hour until dry and firm to touch. Turn the oven off and leave the meringue in there until completely cool.
6. When ready to serve, peel the baking parchment away and place on a serving plate.
7. Mix the pineapple, mango and passionfruit together.
8. Combine the yoghurt and cream and spread on the meringue case and then top with the fruit.
9. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over and serve straight away.
It truly is delightful.