Belated Happy Christmas everyone. I hope you all had a nice enjoyable day.
As like most houses on Stephen’s Day, there was some leftover ham from the Christmas dinner. I didn’t fancy having turkey and ham again so I decided to whip up some pasta. I thoroughly enjoyed this recipe. It was ready in a matter of minutes. Fantastic.
1 tablespoon of olive oil
75g pasta of your choice ( I used Fusilli)
1/2 an onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1/2 red pepper
200g of arabiata style chopped tomatoes (can be found in Lidl), alternatively if you can’t get those, just use half a finely chopped chilli and fry off with the garlic.
75g-100g chopped ham (gamon style ham)
40g grated cheese
Salt and black pepper
1. Start by putting the pasta on to boil. Cook according to the packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, heat a saucepan and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the peppers and onion and cook for 5-6 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Then add the ham and fry to a further 2 minutes.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Taste and season if necessary. Stir in the cooked pasta.
7. Remove to a serving dish. Sprinkle over the cheese and place under the grill for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
Then relax, have a glass of wine and put the feet up.