I got this recipe from the ‘Frame by Frame- Quick and Easy’ cookbook. I’m not quite sure about it but I said that I would post it anyway. I think it’s maybe just the rawness of the veg with the egg that might be putting me off. If you like the look of it, give it a try and let me know how you get on.
1 tbp olive oil
1 onion, cut into small wedges
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 egg whites
1 courgette, trimmed and grated
2 carrots, peeled and grated
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp shredded fresh basil, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Beat together the eggs and egg whites in a bowl, the pour into the pan.
3. Using the spatula, pull the egg mixture from the sides of the pan into the centre, allowing the uncooked egg to run underneath.
4. When the base has set lightly, add the courgettes, carrots and tomatoes. Season to taste with pepper and continue to cook over a low heat until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
5. Sprinkle with the shredded basil, cut the frittata into quarters and serve.