I know, I know, I’m a bit obsessed with the curries. So here’s another one to add the databank 🙂 This is pretty easy to make. The recipe is a healthy one as well and the spinach is a great source of iron which is particularly good for us ladies. I got the recipe from the Bodyfit magazine. Give it a go.
Frylight sunflower oil
1 tsbp cumin seeds
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp curry paste
250g tomatoes, chopped
500g chicken breast fillets, cut into large chunks
225g fresh baby spinach
400g can chickpeas or green lentils, rinsed and drained
1 tsp garam masala
3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1. Spray a deep frying pan with Frylight and place on a low heat, then add the cumin seeds.
2. Increase the heat and add the onion. Stirring until they begin to colour.
3. Mix in the garlic and curry paste and stir together for one minute. Add the tomatoes and 150 ml water, cook for about 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring until the tomatoes look pulpy.
4. Add the chicken pieces, cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes. Then, fold in the spinach and chickpeas or lentils and cook together for a further five minutes, stirring, until the spinach has wilted and chicken is tender.
5. Sprinkle over the garam masala, cover the pan and leave to stand for one minute. Stir in the coriander and serve.
I would serve this with some boiled rice and tesco do a light choices naan bread which is good side for a curry.