For anyone that knows me, I have a complete aversion to mushrooms. So this recipe was not for me. Feeling a little hungover myself and my other half fancied a bit of pasta. So he got creamy mushroom and bacon tagliatelle and I had tomato and bacon tagliatelle. Feedback from my guinea pig was very positive.
2 slices bacon, chopped
40g mushrooms, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
50ml white wine
1 garlic clove, chopped finely
1 tablespoon of olive oil
splash of liquid stock
Some chopped parsley to serve
Salt and pepper to season
1. Boil the pasta according to the packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan and the olive oil. Add the onion and saute for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the bacon and mushrooms and fry until the bacon is browned. Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the wine and let the alcohol burn off. Stir in the liquid stock and reduce the heat.
5. Add the cream and stir. Taste for seasoning and add if needed.
6. Stir in the pasta and coat the pasta with the sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.