I had a goo on me for satay one evening, so I opened up the press to see if I had the ingredients. Luckily I had. I made this with a packet of stir-fry veg which is grand for convenience but I realised that I’m not such a fan and was sorry I hadn’t gone to the effort of chopping the veg myself from scratch. You could leave out the coconut milk and make some satay screwers by marinading the chicken in the sauce before cooking. Hope you enjoy this one.
2 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 chilli chopped
1 tablespoon honey
50 ml coconut milk
1 teaspoon fish sauce
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 chicken breasts, diced
Stir-fry veg, pre-packed or a selection of veg of your choice, sliced
Salt and pepper to season
2 tablespoon cooking oil
1. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat a large pan and heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Saute the veg for about 5 minutes and remove from the pan.
3. Heat the remainder of the cooking oil and add the chicken until lightly browned.
4. Add the sauce mixture and cook for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
5. Add the mixed veg and cook for a furth 2-3 minutes.
Serve with basmati rice