This is my version of a Paella. I’m not sure if it’s authentic but it’s really yummy. It gets my thumbs up anyway.
3 chicken breasts, chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
100g chorizo, sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 chilli, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 litres of hot chicken stock
2 large pinches of saffron
1 heaped teaspoon of smoked paprika
200g chopped tomatoes
Small bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 handfuls of peas, fresh or frozen
10 king prawns
- Heat a little olive oil in a large deep pan and fry the chicken and onion until golden brown on both sides. Add the sliced chorizo and fry for a couple of minutes. Then add the chilli and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the rice, mix and cook for 3 minutes. Add the saffron and paprika and stir. Next add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add half the chicken stock and leave to cook on a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- After 20 minutes the rice should be nearly cooked. At this point, pour in the rest of the stock along with the peas, and prawns.
- Place a lid on the pan and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Finally, serve sprinkled with chopped parsley and a wedge of lemon.