I went a bit baking mad last weekend, I tried the lemon tart and these chocolate brownies they are great. Definately worth a try. The recipe is from Weight Watchers Fabulous & Filling. I was a bit dubious about the fact that there was no chocolate in it but I don’t think it actually needs it. These are also very quick to make.
Makes 15 brownies
They are 1 1/2 points each in the old system (not sure what they are with the new plan)
Low fat cooking spray
175g self raising flour
40g cocoa, reserving 1/2 teaspoon for dusting
100g soft dark brown sugar
Finely grated zest of an orange
100g very low fat natural yoghurt
75g low fat spread, melted
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180 degrees celsius/ fan oven 160 degrees celsius. Line a 17×25 cm rectangular cake tin with non stick baking parchment and spray with the cooking spray.
2. Sift the flour and cocoa into a mixing bowl then stir in the sugar and orange zest.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg with the yogurt and 150ml cold water then mix into the dry ingredients, followed by the low fat spread. Stir until smooth then pour into the prepared tin.
4. Bake fo 15 minutes until just firm then cool in the tin. Once cool, chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before cutting into 15 squares.
5. To serve, dust the reserved cocoa over the brownies.