My friend Kathy passed this recipe onto me. It’s a zero pro-points weight watchers recipe. Go easy on the chilli and half the spices if you prefer food a little less spicy. It’s a great filling food and it’s a bit more interesting than the standard vegetable soup. A good one to have in the freezer.
Low fat cooking spray
1 butternut squash peeled and cubed
2 carrots, diced
2 celery sticks, diced
1 onion, chopped
1 chilli, finely diced
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 tablespoon, smoked paprika
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 litre chicken stock
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper
- Heat a saucepan and spray with cooking spray.
- Sauté the butternut squash, carrots, celery, onion for 5-7 minutes until softened. Cover the saucepan with a lid and sweat for another couple of minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for 2 minutes. Add the spices and stir, cooking for another minute. Add the bay leaves and chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Remove the bay leaves and blitz with a blender. Season with salt and pepper.