This is a recipe from Mo. I haven’t tried it yet. I will give it a go at the weekend because it sounds great. If anyone tries it the meantime, let me know how you get on.
6ozs Castor Sugar
6ozs Self raising Flour
1 teasp baking powder
4 tblsp. Milk
2 large eggs
Grated rind of a lemon
3 tblsps Sugar
juice of a lemon
- Put all the ingredients in the food processor, until really smooth,( mixture will be quite runny).
- Put in a lined 7” cake tin.
- Bake for 40 -50 minutes at 180 degrees celsius, 350 degrees fahrenheit, gas mark 4.
- For the topping dissolve 3 tblsps sugar in the juice of the lemon.
- When cake is cooked prick all over with a skewer whilst still in the tin and spoon over the lemon mixture.
- Leave in the tin till cool.