My friend Pooja recommended this recipe. She advised adding coconut milk, I would definitely agree. I didn’t have coconut milk so I used 2 sachets of creamed coconut instead. I also added the juice of 1 lime. The recipe for the curry paste makes more than is needed, you can cover and save in the fridge for a week or so covered with a little vegetable oil.
This is a cracking recipe, worth trying.
For the spice paste
1 lemongrass stalk, dry outer layers removed, inner core chopped
2.5 cm/1 inch piece of galangal or fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
2 lime leaves, chopped
3 shallots, peeled and chopped
A bunch of coriander stalks, finely chopped ( reserve the leaves for garnishing the curry)
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
3 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
1 teaspoon of fish sauce
1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
For the curry
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
12 boned chicken thighs, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons fish sauce
250 ml/ 8 fl oz chicken stock
1 teaspoon sugar
2 lemongrass stalks, dry outer layers removed, inner core finely chopped
1. To make the spice paste, puree all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
2. Heat the oil in a wok, then add the garlic and saute until golden.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of the curry paste along with the chicken and stir well.
4. Add the fish sauce, chicken stock, sugar and lemongrass.
5. Stir wll and simmer for 15 minutes. Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve with rice.