I got this recipe from Dunbrody House. It’s one of the few fish dishes that I actually like. The recipe from Dunbrody uses Salmon. Serve with Ratatouille and baby boiled potatoes.
6 pieces of cod (6 oz/150g fillets)
8 oz/225g of breadcrumbs
3 oz/75g butter
3 dessertspoons of chopped fresh herbs (parsley and Thyme)
2 oz/50g flaked almonds
2 oz/50g parmesan cheese
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, 350 degrees Fahrenheit, Gas Mark 4.
2. Melt the butter and add in the breadcrumbs, grated lemon zest, parmesan cheese, chopped herbs and flaked almonds.
3. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
4. Place the portions of fish on an oven tray. Season the fish with a little salt and freshly milled black pepper.
5. Divide the breadcrumb topping between the fish and press on to the top of the fish.
6. Bake for approximately 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.