This is an adaptation of a recipe I saw advertised for Jus-Rol Pastry. It’s very easy to make, if you can slice things up and smear sauce on stuff, then you will well and truly master this. If you were having a few people over this takes no time at all and it looks impressive.
1 sheet of Jus-Rol puff pastry
50 ml of pizza-sauce
1 1/2 balls of mozzarella cheese, sliced
2 on the vine tomatoes, sliced
3 slices of parma ham, halved
handful of basil leaves
Olive oil for greasing baking tray
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees celsius, gas mark 7.
- Grease the baking tray with the olive oil.
- Roll the pastry out onto the baking tray.
- Smear the pizza sauce with a knife but leave about 5 cm of an edge.
- Starting on the left side of the pastry, place a slice of tomato, then a slice of mozzarella, and finally a roughly rolled up piece of ham on the sauce. Repeat this sequence. You should get about three rows.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with basil leaves.
Serve with some roasted vegetables and side salad.