This is my own little creation. It makes loads so you can make it and freeze. This will warm the cockles. Perfect if you are suffering with a cold and just need a bit of a boast.
2 leeks, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 large potato, diced
2 medium sized onions, chopped
200g soup mix
1 bouquet garni
1 litre of boiling water
50 ml of liquid chicken stock
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
- Heat a large saucepan; add the olive oil and heat.
- Fry off the leeks, onions, potato, and carrots for 2 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves.
- Reduce the lid and cover with a lid. Saute the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the soup mix. Add the bouquet garni, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the liquid stock and the water.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 45 minutes. Adding more water if it has reduced too far.
Sprinkle with some chopped parsley and serve with some nice home made brown bread.