This is yummy, easy and healthy. What more can I say.
2 tbsp sunflower oil
2 medium onions, cut into rough wedges
4 tbsp curry paste
850 ml vegetable stock
750g stewpack frozen vegetables
100g red lentils
200g basmati rice
Handful of raisins
Roughly chopped parsley
Poppadoms and mango chutney to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onions and cook over a high heat for about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for a minute.
- Slowly pour a little of the stock so it sizzles, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pan. Gradually pour in the rest of the stock.
- Stir the frozen vegetables, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the lentils and simmer for a further 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables and lentils are cooked.
- While the curry is simmering, cook the rice according to the packet instruction, adding the turmeric to the cooking water. Drain well.
- Season the curry with salt, toss in a handful of raisins and chopped parsley, then serve with the rice, poppadums and chutney.
Note: I used fresh vegetables instead and fried them off with the onions. I used butternut squash also which I parboiled before frying.