I tried making this recipe on a weekday after work, I was starving and so rushed it a bit. It tasted pretty good but I don’t think it beneffited from being rushed. I got the recipe from: http://uktv.co.uk . Enjoy.
1. If you are using a whole chicken, cut it into 16 chunky pieces, or you could use chicken thighs and leave them whole.
2. Squeeze over the lime juice and add the spring onions, garlic, soy sauce, onion, thyme and tomatoes. Season well and mix everything together. Leave everything to marinate for 2 hours, or overnight if you can.
3. Take the chicken pieces out of the marinating mixture and pat dry with kitchen paper.
4. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan set over a moderate heat. Fry the chicken pieces, turning frequently, until the chicken is golden.
5. Spoon over the reserved marinating mixture, stir in the tomato ketchup, and add about 125ml hot water – or enough to barely cover the chicken. Cover the pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is tender.
6. Serve with rice and peas, plain steamed rice or pasta.