I was a bit concerned about the effect of the apple, but it worked quite well. Serve this with rice or taco shells. Taco shells work out about 2.5 WW points each, so best to with the rice if you are watching the calories.
A dash of sunflower oil
1 medium onion chopped
3 half mixed peppers chopped
1 carrot, diced
1 small apple, chopped
1 can of mixed beans
Small can of kidney beans
1 tsp of oregano
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of paprika
½ green chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp of salt
1 can of chopped tomatoes
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sunflower and heat. Fry off the onion for 10 minutes stirring regular to prevent burning.
- Drain the cans of beans.
- Mix together the oregano, paprika, cumin and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and the apple to the pan and fry off for 10 minutes.
- Add in the chilli and mixed spice and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and beans to the pan and stir.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes. Check seasoning and adjust if necessary.