I enjoyed this one, it’s quite sweet so if you don’t like sweet and savory then it’s probably not for you.
2 medium red onions
3tbsp sunflower oil
4 garlic cloves, bruised
2 x 500g lamb mince
30 fresh breadcrumbs
½ 200g jar tagine spice paste
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
Lemon juice, to taste
½ 25g pack of fresh coriander, chopped
250g couscous, to serve
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees celsuis/275 degrees Fahrenheit, gas 5. Cut each onion into 8 wedges. Peel and cut the remaining root vegetables into 2cm chunks.
- Put 2tsbp oil in a roasting tin. Add the veg and garlic, season and toss together. Cook for 35-40 minutes until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, mix together the lamb mince and breadcrumbs and season. Roll into 24 equal-sized balls. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and brown the meatballs all over.
- Discard any excess fat from the pan, then add the spice paste, chopped tomatoes and 175ml water. Bring to the boil, then cook over a low heat for 10-15 minutes until the meatballs are completely cooked through.
- Carefully stir the meatballs into the roasted vegetables. Check the seasoning, adding lemon juice to taste. Stir through the chopped coriander, reserving a little to garnish, and serve with couscous.