This has to be one of my favourite recipes. It’s great as a soup but I often add some cooked chicken and serve with rice. The recipe is from one of the Avoca cookbooks. Anyway give it a try and let me know what you think.
15g/1/2 oz butter
2 spring onions, chopped
1 medium carrot cut into fine strips
2 teaspoons of finely chopped lemongrass
2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
2 teaspoons of ground coriander
2 green chillies, chopped
12 green beans, roughly chopped
2 x 400 ml cans of coconut milk
½ vegetable stock cube crumbled or 2 tbsp of liquid stock
110g/4oz bean sprouts
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the spring onions, carrot, lemongrass, garlic and ginger and stir over a medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric, coriander, chillies, green beans, coconut milk and stock cube and mix well.
- Bring to the boil, and then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the bean sprouts and fresh coriander, season to taste and serve.