5 ½ points per serving
½ lemon, cut into quarters
2 cloves of chopped garlic
2 tbsp runny honey
1 tbsp tomato puree
50ml white wine
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
8 small bone-in skinless chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts
500g baby new potatoes
1 red onion halved and sliced
Low fat cooking spray
50g of pitted olives in brine
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190 degrees Celsius.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon pieces into a large bowl and add the squeezed out lemon. Stir in the honey, wine, tomato puree and half the parsley.
- Season well and add the chicken, stirring to coat. Set aside to marinate.
- Meanwhile, place the whole new potatoes in a pan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain and cool under running water.
- Slice thickly, and then place them in a large shallow casserole dish. Scatter the onions, garlic and olives on top, season well and mist with low fat spray.
- Place the chicken on top of the potatoes and drizzle with the marinade.
- Roast for 1 hour or until cooked through, turning the chicken over every now and then.
- Stir the remaining parsley into the cooked chicken and serve with a salad.