Here’s another Weight Watchers Recipe from the Fabulous and Filling Cookbook. I only added one thing and that was a red onion cut into quarters or chunks. I used Superquinn low fat sausages, they are gorgeous and there’s no noticeable difference between the full fat and low fat versions.
7 1/2 Weight Watchers points per serving
454g pack low fat sausages
1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped roughly
1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and chopped roughly
3 garlic cloves, crushed
A pinch of dried chillies
Low fat cooking spray
350g (12 oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
250g (9 oz) dried rigatoni
2 heaped tablespoons shredded fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/220 degrees celsius/fan oven 200 degrees celsius.
2. Snip the sausages into chunks using kitchen scissors and toss together with the peppers, garlic and chillies in a large roasting tin. Spray with the cooking spray and roast for 15 minutes.
3. Stir the cherry tomatoes into the roasting tin and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain thoroughly.
5. Add the pasta to the roasted sausage and pepper mixture and stir in the fresh basil. Serve immediately.