This recipe is from the Weight Watchers Fabulous and Filling Cookbook. I made a few additions to the recipe. I added a stock cube to the ratatouille after the tomatoes. Instead of using plain tomatoes, I used Napolina Chilli and Pepper, it gives it a good old kick.
4 1/2 Weight Watchers points per serving
Low fat cooking spray
1 red onion, chopped roughly
1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped roughly
1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and chopped roughly
2 courgettes, sliced
1 aubergine, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
400g can chopped tomatoes
200g (7oz) dried fusilli or conchiglie
100g (3 1/2 oz) Brie, sliced thinly
Freshly ground pepper
1. Heat a large, lidded sauce pan until hot and spray with the cooking spray. Cook the onion for 2 minutes then add the peppers and cook for 2 minutes stirring.
2. Add the courgettes, aubergine and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add a splash of water if necessary to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
3. Cover the pan and cook for a further 4 minutes over a medium heat until the vegetables have softened then add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered. Season with black pepper.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions, until tender. Preheat the grill.
5. Drain the pasta and mix with the ratatouille. Tip into an ovenproof baking dish anfd top with the sliced Brie. Grill for 2-3 minutes until the Brie starts to melt. Serve on warm plates.