I’m not a big fan of fish, but we made this recipe down in Dunbrody Cookery School and I must say I’m nearly converted. As the smoked salmon is cooked the flavour is not as potent. It’s another very quick recipe to make.
350g penne pasta
200g of smoked salmon
200ml pouring cream
50g crème fraiche
Juice of 1 lemon
50ml white wine
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
50g grated parmesan (plus extra for serving)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the penne pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Chop the smoked salmon into long strips and set aside.
- Meanwhile in another saucepan put the cream, crème friache and lemon juice onto heat and bring them to the boil. Add in the white wine and grated parmesan and heat through.
- Allow the sauce to cook for at least 10 minutes during which time it will thicken by process of reduction and also with the addition of the cheese.
- Drain the pasta and add it into the hot sauce and then mix in the smoked salmon and the chopped parsley.
- Transfer to a large pottery dish and bring to the table to allow people to help themselves.