This is my own recipe. It’s real comfort food. It would probably work best served with chunky chips.
This recipe will make four burgers; I will leave it up to you to decide how many people that will feed.
500g of mince meat
½ large onion, finely chopped
100g of breadcrumbs
4-5 drops of tabasco sauce
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of mustard
Salt and Pepper to season
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
Flour to dust with
2 teaspoons of mixed peppercorns
100ml of cream
½ bottle of wine (small bottle)
30ml of liquid stock
¼ onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove crushed
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sauté the onions in a frying pan and set aside to cool.
- Mix all the burger ingredients in a bowl and shape into patties using some flour to bind together.
- Fry the burgers off in the olive oil, until still slightly undercooked.
- Remove for heat and place in an oven dish with some kitchen paper to remove the excess grease.
- Remove the paper from underneath and throw away.
- Meanwhile, using the same pan. Sieve the remaining oil in a bowl to remove the bits from the burger.
- Put the oil back in the frying pan minus the bits and heat.
- Fry off the onion and garlic (2-3 minutes).
- Add in the pepper corns and add the wine. Cook for about a minute. Add the stock and reduce the heat slightly.
- Add in the cream little by little, stirring all the time until it reaches a nice consistency. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the burgers.
- Cover the burgers with tinfoil and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.