Hello again. This is a recipe I saw on Exposé, made by Clodagh McKenna. It’s very quick and easy to make. Nice and light for the summer. It’s supposed to serve 4, the portions would probably be small enough if it was just for a meal on its own. If you were having a starter or other accompaniments.
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 chicken breasts
1 chilli, finely chopped
1 lemon, juiced
75 ml of balsamic vinegar
2 sprigs of finely chopped rosemary
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp cinnamon
½ sp coriander
50g golden sultanas
350 ml of chicken stock
A handful chopped parsley (flat leaf would work best)
400 g of couscous
Salt and pepper
- Mixed the vinegar, rosemary and chilli in a bowl and add the chicken. Leave to marinade if possible. It still tastes good if you don’t have the time.
- Cook on a griddle pan for 4-5 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, add the chicken stock to the couscous and cover for a couple of minutes.
- Separate the grains by using a fork, a spoon will make the mixture clumpy.
- Stir in the spices.
- Stir in the lemon juice, onion and chopped parsley.
- Season to taste.
- Slice the chicken and serve over the couscous in a large serving bowl so that people can help themselves.