Note: I was a bit concerned about the effect of the apple, but it worked quite well. Serve this with rice or taco shells.
A dash of sunflower oil
1 medium onion chopped
3 half mixed peppers chopped
1 carrot, diced
1 small apple, chopped
1 can of mixed beans
Small can of kidney beans
1 tsp of oregano
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of paprika
½ green chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp of salt
1 can of chopped tomatoes
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sunflower and heat. Fry off the onion for 10 minutes stirring regular to prevent burning.
- Drain the cans of beans.
- Mix together the oregano, paprika, cumin and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and the apple to the pan and fry off for 10 minutes.
- Add in the chilli and mixed spice and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and beans to the pan and stir.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes. Check seasoning and adjust if necessary.