This is Weight Watchers recipe. You could add some fried chicken to the recipe. Also the recipe does state that it serves 4 people, that’s at a push. I would say more like 3 good sized portions. Obviously, the points values will change depending on the portion size and any added extras.
7 ½ Weight Watchers Points per serving
400g broad beans, defrosted if frozen
50g finely grated parmesan cheese
25g pine nuts toasted
Small bunch of fresh basil
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 small garlic clove, crushed
1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Drop in the broad beans, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving the water for the pasta.
- To make the broad bean pesto, remove the beans from their pods and place half in a large pestle and mortar.
- Add half the parmesan, half the pine nuts and most of the basil, reserving a little for garnish.
- Add the olive oil, garlic and lemon juice and season well. Bash to a rough paste and taste to see if you need more seasoning or lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, bring the water back to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to pack instructions. Drain. Combine the hot pasta and a splash of hot cooking water with the pesto. Mix well and stir in the rocket.
- Divide among 4 serving bowls, scatter the reserved broad beans, pine nuts, parmesan and basil over, and serve.