Just a few comments about this recipe:
I wouldn’t be put off by the turkey mince, it actually works well in this recipe.
The turkey mince could be substituted for Quorn mince.
The recipe states that it serves 4 people, I’d say more like 3 good sized portions
I think this would also be nice served as a starter on some large lettuce leaves.
5 ½ weight watchers points per serving
450g pack turkey mince
Low fat cooking spray
3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
3cm piece fresh ginger, chopped finely
2 tsp cumin seeds, crushed lightly
2 tbsp korma curry paste
200ml chicken stock
200g garden peas
200g cherry tomatoes
6 tsp chopped fresh coriander
125g brown basmati rice
150g pot of low fat natural yoghurt
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat, add the mince and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until browned all over. Tip in a colander to allow any fat to drain off.
- Mist the same pan with low fat spray, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened, adding a splash of water if it looks like it might burn.
- Add the garlic, ginger and cumin seeds to the onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add the curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes. Return the mince to the pan and add the stock, peas and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Season well and stir in the fresh coriander.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Drain and set to one side. Divide the rice between 4 servings dishes, top each with some curry and drizzle with the yoghurt.