Serves 3 people
2 tblsp of olive oil
1 butternut squash- peeled and chopped
1 stock cube
2 pints of boiling water1 clove of garlic
150g of risotto rice
3 tblsp of balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
75g of low fat garlic and herb cream cheese (Philadelphia extra light is good)
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Add the butternut squash to a baking tray and mix add in 1 tblsp of oil and the balsamic vinegar. Cook in the oven for about 45 mins until soft and turning black. The butternut squash could alternatively be par-cooked in the microwave and then cook in the oven for the remainder to char them.
- Meanwhile, fry off the onion for about 3 mins in the remaining olive oil, add in the garlic and fry for another 2. Remove from Pan.
- Add in the rice and fry for 4- 5 mins, re-add the onions and garlic and cooked butternut squash.
- Melt the stock cube in boiling water and add enough water to cover the rice. Keep re-adding the stock when the water runs low and cook rice until al dente.
- Stir in the cream cheese.
- Check for seasoning, there tends to be a lot of salt in the cream cheese and stock so you may not need to add any additional salt.