This is an unusal dish but really good. It’s from the new Weight Watchers Simply Enjoy cookbook. The recipe says to serve it with runner beans and some crusty bread. I had it with some asparagus and some baby potatoes.
Propoints value 11
150g turkey mince
25g wholemeal breadcrumbs
15g parmesan cheese, finely grated
1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
2 spring onions, chopped finely
500ml vegetable stock
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon half fat creme fraiche
40g spinach leaves
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Combine the turkey mince, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, chives and the white part of the spring onions in a bowl. Season well and form into siz walnut sizeballs. Cover and chill until ready to use.
2. Pour the stock into a saucepan and bring up to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the turkey balls and spoon over the stock. Simmer for 4 minutes, turning once, then, using a slotted spoon, remove them from the pan and set aside.
3. Pour away all but 175ml of the stock, add the mustard and lemon juice then bring up to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 3 minutes until reduced by a third.
4. Stir in the creme fraiche, spinach, half of the green part of the spring onions and the turkey balls. Season and simmer, stirring occassionally, for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the turkey balls are cooked through.
5. Serve in a large, shallow bowl, sprinkled with the remaining spring onions.